Agent Showcase: Disney Cruise Line Tips & Tricks
By Laura M.
A Disney Cruise is a really Memorable and Magical Experience! Enjoy this list of tips and tricks I have put together to make the most of your Disney Cruise!
- If flying to reach the port, play to fly in a day early to account for potential travel delays that could affect your ability to make your ship on time.
- Download the Disney Cruise Line App for your smart phone before boarding the ship. You can also communicate with other members of your party using the app messenger while onboard!
- Try to get to the port early and request an early check in time! (You can enjoy the pools and the ship before the majority check in)
- Pack a day bag with bathing suits, sunscreen, and important essentials like medications on embarkation day, since your luggage may take a couple of hours to be delivered to your stateroom or your stateroom may not be ready until after your check in time.
- Your Key to the World card also turns on the lights in your stateroom. You can also use a business card or an old gift card instead.
- Each stateroom has two WAVE phones (portable phones) that can be used to communicate with others in your party while onboard.
- A waterproof cell phone case also works great while onboard and off ship for excursions.
- Sometimes the special meet and greet tickets are still available to book once you get on the ship so head straight to excursion desk to ask!
- If traveling with babies, you can request a pack n play and a diaper genie for your room, and highchairs for your dinner table.
- You do NOT need to pack beach towels. There are plenty of fresh, warm towels on the ships and at all the ports of call, and Castaway Cay.
- Always carry your camera, autograph books, or phone with you because you never know what characters you may run into in the halls!
- Everyday on the ship is a drink of the day that is cheaper than other alcoholic beverages (ask the crew members or dinner servers).
- Each adult 21 years of age and older are allowed to bring onboard 2 bottles of wine or champagne (750ml or less) or 6 beers (Don’t Forget to pack a corkscrew or bottle opener!).
- 24 hour Room Service is available, with many items included in your cruise fare! Don’t forget to tip !
- Check out the adult only areas of the ships, the spa, and Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay.
- If you plan to snorkel from the beach, I recommend you bring your own snorkel gear! You can rent them for around $35 on Castaway Cay.
- If you get off the ship for a port excursion, make sure you know what time to be back on the ship and what time your last transport from your excursion leaves so you can plan accordingly. The ship will not wait for you if you do not get back in time!
- Make sure you take a ride on the AquaDuck (Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy) or the AquaDunk(Disney Magic and Disney Wonder).
- If you LOVED cruising, find the vacation planning center and put down a placeholder (you put down a $250 deposit for a future cruise, it gives you 10% off your next cruise, and $200 onboard credit, must sail again within 2 years). Make sure you tell them you would like to stay with Dreaming of the Mouse so we can work together on your future cruise!
- If you utilize the luggage service for debarkation (getting off the ship), your luggage will be together in customs in your color-coded area. (Pay attention to what color tags your room hostess gives you the night before you get off the ship). This makes getting off the ship much easier then trying to drag all your luggage off with you.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Disney, with all of its enchanting magic, has captured not only my heart, but my family’s as well. As a mom of 3 little ones, the magic of Disney is truly spectacular! Disney World and Disney Cruise line are among my families favorite places to be; there is so much to do together from our littlest to the oldest family members. The impeccable service Disney provides allows family to truly spend quality time together making memories that will last a lifetime. I would love to help you plan your dream vacation on land or at sea! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today!